You can upload your own contacts with a CSV file. This CSV file must be semicolon-separated - and this is really important!
Where can I find a CSV file?
This is a very common file format for contact lists. You can export your contact database in CSV format in every CRM.
I have all my contacts in an Excel file, how do I convert it into a CSV file?
First of, we advise you to convert your Excel file into a Google Sheets document (some versions of Excel are liable to loose data during the export to CSV). A simple copy/paste of the document should do the trick.
Then, you will need to convert this spreadsheet into a CSV file:
- Open your contact file in Google Sheets
- Click File, then Download As...
- Choose the Comma Separated Value (.csv) File Format.
Import the file in the Aircall app
- Open the Aircall app
- Go to Settings, then Import Contacts
- Select Import from .csv file
- Drag & drop your .csv file
- Map all contacts fields (note that a contact can have several phone numbers)
- Choose the default country prefix and decide if you want to share these contacts with your team.
- Click on the green tick to import your contacts
- Wait few minutes and your contact list should appear in your app!