You can upload your own contacts with a CSV file. This CSV file must be semicolon-separated - and this is really important!
Where can I find a CSV file?
This is a very common file format for contact lists. You can export your contact database in CSV format in every CRM.
I have all my contacts in an Excel file, how do I convert it into a CSV file?
First, you need to convert your Excel spreadsheet into a CSV file:
- Open your contact file in Excel
- Click File, then Save As...
- Choose the Comma Separated Value (.csv) File Format.
Check your CSV file
- Open the file in a text editor software. Use TextEdit if you are a Mac user, NotePad if you are a Windows user.
- The first line must be a header listing all contact fields (firstname;lastname;company;phone number;email - at least)
- Only one contact per line
- Each contact field must be semicolon-separated (;)
- All lines must be ended by a semicolon as well (;)
- No quotation marks separating each line
- Save the file with UTF-8 encoding
Import the file in the App
- Open the Aircall app
- Go to Settings, then Import my Contacts
- Click on .CSV
- Drag & Drop your .csv file
- Map all contacts fields (note that a contact can have several phone numbers)
- Choose the default country prefix and decide if you want to share these contacts with your team.
- Click on Import my contacts
- Wait ~2min and your contact list should appear in your app!